Progressive dialers are auto dialers used to place outbound calls. By using progressive auto dialing, call centre agents don't have to manually dial each number on their contact list when making outbound phone calls. A user can create and upload the contact list to the system and enable the progressive dialers to make outbound calls. This feature allows agents to bridge agents to customers as per the start date-time, end date-time, and many other fields.
The first screen/dashboard that the user will see after clicking on the Call Centre Queue will be:
A way to organize/name your progressive dialer campaign.
View the start date and time of the campaign.
View the end date and time of the campaign.
Max Retries (times)
Allows the user to select the max retries of the contact in the progressive dialer contacts if the customer hasn't picked up the call the first time.
Note: The value of max retries of the progressive dialer must be between 1-10.
Retries Interval second(s)
Allows the user to retry the call again after the set time if the customer hasn't picked up the call the first time.
Note: The value of the retries interval of the progressive dialer must be between 30-600 (in seconds).
For example: If the max retries are 3, and the retries interval is 120 seconds, then the customer will get the three tries after every interval of 2 mins.
The total number of contacts the user has added to the progressive dialer-list campaign.
The total number of agents the user has added to the progressive dialer-list campaign to make the outbound call to the contact list.
Waiting: The dialer has not started yet—You can edit the dialer settings while waiting.
Running: The dialer is actively calling the contacts on the list.
Processed: The dialer has finished calling all the contacts.
Failed: The dialer could not start due to some errors, such as missing contacts or agents.
Allows the user to view, edit and delete the progressive dialer campaign overall.
How to Add Progressive Dialer?
Step 1: Click the + Add Progressive Dialer on the top left to add a progressive dialer.
Step 2: Enter the Progressive Dialer Details information below.
Step 3: Click Save and Add contact once complete.
Description of Inside Fields:
|Line of Business
|Select the line of business from the drop-down list.
|Select the time period you want to run the progressive dialer. The date period is between the start date and time to the end date and time.
How to Edit the Progressive Dialer?
Note: If the campaign is already launched, the user can only view the campaign on the view page.
If the campaign is not yet launched and the status is "Waiting", the user can edit the campaign on the dashboard with the option of editing and deleting the campaign before launching.
Step 1: Click on the Pen Icon to edit.
Step 2: A screen will appear as shown below where the editing is enabled.
Step 3: Edit the fields as per the requirements.
Step 4: Search, Add, Import, or Remove the agents.
- To search for a specific agent, enter the agent's name, email address, and username.
- To add a specific agent, click on +Add, and a pop-up screen will appear as shown below. Select the agent and click submit.
- To import the agents, click on Import, and a pop-up screen will appear as shown below. Click on Choose File if you have an existing XLSX file. If not, you can download the sample XLSX file, fill up the data, and upload the file.
- To remove the agent, select the agent from the list and click Remove.
Step 5: Search, Add, Import, or Remove the Contacts.
- To search for the contact, search by name and phone.
- To add the contacts, click on +Add, and a pop-up screen will appear as shown below. Select from contacts or from the directory and click on submit and the contact will be added to the list.
- To import the contacts, click on Import, and a pop-up screen will appear as shown below. Click on Choose File if you have an existing XLSX file. If not, you can download the sample CSV or XLSX file, fill up the data, and upload the file.
- To remove the contact, select the contact from the list and click remove.
Step 6: Once all the fields are filled, click Save. The progressive dialer is running.
|Rules for Progressive Dialing
|1. If the initial call was unsuccessful, the system would follow the “Retry Interval” (in seconds format) before making another attempt.
2. The number of call attempts would depend on the set number under “Max Retries”.
3. You may set the date and time when the call attempts will take place.
How to view the Progressive Dialer Campaign
Step 1: Click on the eye icon, which will revert you to the page below.
|Status under Contacts
|1. Pending: The default status after saving the contacts. Unless the call was completed or failed the status would remain pending. The call is not yet initiated.
2. Processing: Once the call is initiated to a contact, the status for that contact will change to processing.
3. Processed: This means either the agent spoke to the actual customer or reached the voicemail.
4. Unanswered: If the customer's phone just rang (missed call) or the customer declined the call. This is the only status that would trigger the “Retry” of the call unless it has already reached the maximum number of attempts (retries).
How to run the Progressive Dialer Campaign
Step 1: The added agents will log in to the agent portal.
Step 2: Change the status to Available.
Now the system will ring the contact automatically, and if the contact answers the bridge call, it will ring back to the agent. Once the agent answers the call, the connection between the agent and the customer will be established.
|Processed Date: This would only be updated if the status is updated either to “Processed” or “Unanswered”.
Processed Agent: The agent who answers the call for the system will be updated if the status is “Processed”.
How to search the Progressive Dialer?
Step 1: Click on the "Advanced Search" as shown below.
Step 2: Now you will see the below screen:
Step 3: Enter the details to search the progressive dialer and click search to search and clear to discard the search.
Step 4: You will see the below screen as a result of the entered result search:
How to listen to the Progressive Dialer call recording
Step 1: Search the progressive dialer using the above steps.
Step 2: Click on the eye icon to view the progressive dialer.
Step 3: Now you will be viewing the below screen, scroll down to the contacts and you will be able to view the Recording ID for every contact:
Step 4: Copy the "Recording ID" and go to the Reports page as shown below:
Step 5: After clicking on the Reports, you will see the below page. Paste the "Recording ID" in the column of "Unique ID" and enter search.
Step 6: Now you will be able to see the recording for that particular contact call.